Building relationships is the key to job search success, and the an essential component in business development is building a strong network of contacts, creating a structured plan to reach out to contacts, and learning to network for success. Coaching in this area can include:
- Creating a plan of action to set and achieve success.
- Providing customized networking tracking charts and action plans.
- Brainstorming about networking opportunities for specific industries and practice areas.
- Creating a check-in plan, to provide incentives to meet goals and move forward.
- Sharing tips about how to maximize LinkedIn:
- The use of Groups and how to tap this important resource
- How to fully utilize the Advanced Search capabilities
- The power of the second degree contact
- Using the LinkedIn Job Database effectively